Friday, October 6, 2017

Weekly Update

Hi Everyone,

Before we start our long weekend, I'm passing along your weekly update.  Today, I'm going to prove to you that I can write a short weekly update.  :)


Please Sign Up for a Conference!
Parent / Teacher conferences will be held at the end of the first quarter.  I am using Sign Up Genius to schedule conferences.  You can sign up for a conference time by clicking HERE.  If you are unable to attend a conference on one of the dates / times listed, please send me an email to make alternate arrangements. 

Important Information About Written Homework:

Your child completed his/her first written homework sheet this week.  Our written homework will always be the same:  in addition to nightly reading, your child will spend one night practicing writing each of our words of the week 3 times.  He/she will then use each word in a sentence.  There are 5 words of the week.  Please note:  our 5 words of the week are in your child's agenda.  He/she writes those 5 words in the upper right corner of the agenda each Monday.  Those are the words your child should practice writing for written homework.  Those are the words your child should use in a sentence for written homework.  Those are the words posted here on my blog under my picture.  Your child should not be using any of our sound of the week words for written homework.  Those are the words pre-printed on the paper your child glues in the lower right corner of the agenda each Monday.  Please let me know if you need further clarification. 

I also completed the homework this week.  :)  Here's what my completed homework looks like.  I think seeing mine may help you ensure your child is completing his/her homework correctly:





Focus Areas for the Coming Week:
  • Reading:  We will examine the differences between fiction and non-fiction texts, and explore ways to determine whether a text is a fiction or non-fiction selection.
  • Writing:  We will discuss ways in which writers organize their writing.
  • Math:  We will finish our number sense unit.  Our patterns and sorting unit comes next.
  • Social Studies:  We will discuss fire safety.
Please reach out with questions, comments, or feedback.

I hope you enjoy the long weekend!  We are going to the Homecoming game at Champe tonight because Savey was elected to the Homecoming Court.  I get to walk with "Prince Savey" when he's introduced at the game.  (I seriously can't even type that with a straight face...it sounds silly to my own ears!  I've seen the Prince's bathroom when he's done in it!)  We will use our King's Dominion season passes for the last time this year, and put up some Halloween and Fall decorations.  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment