Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Little More Information About Family Reading Night!

Hi Parents,

A friendly reminder that tomorrow night is our first ever Pinebrook Family Reading Night.  It's from 6:30-7:45 here at school, and the theme is "Reading Takes You Places!"  The first session will be from 6:30 - 6:55 and the second session will be from 7:00-7:25.  During each session, you may visit the room of your child's choice to listen to a teacher read a book and complete a fun activity.  We'll gather in the library from 7:30 - 7:45 to listen to a final story together.  Many of us teachers will be reading at Family Reading Night, including ME!  :)  I will be sharing one of my favorite stories -- The Hello, Goodbye Window.  Please come listen to me read as I transport you to Nanna and Poppy's house where you will discover the magic of The Hello, Goodbye Window!  I could seriously read to kids, adults, pets, stuffed animals...anyone or anything that will listen...all day long.  (Ask the kids...I tell them all the time.)  I am excited for Family Reading Night.  It's a strong demonstration of Pinebrook's complete commitment to growing a generation of readers!  Speaking of reading.....

TURKEY OF THE YEAR VOTING CONTINUES FRIDAY!!!  PLEASE KEEP READING!!!  PLEASE KEEP TRACK OF THOSE READING HOURS TO SUBMIT THEM ON FRIDAY!!!   HOURS COUNT IF YOUR STUDENT READS, OR IF YOU READ TO YOUR STUDENT!!!  I AM SO CLOSE!!!!!!   

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment