Friday, June 10, 2016

Weekly Update and Many Thanks

Hi Everyone!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the wonderful and generous end-of-year gifts! Yesterday at our party, Mrs. Zumwalt presented me with gift cards to The Cheesecake Factory, Panera, Regal Cinemas, and iTunes, as well as a lovely plant and some sweet treats to share with my family.  As always, your extreme generosity is overwhelming.  I believe my favorite part of the gift is the note Mrs. Zumwalt read at the party.  I also loved when the kids sang "Happy Birthday" to me!

As we come to our last 2 days, I have just a few things to share with you...

Yearbook and Autograph Signing:
On Monday, I'll give the kids time to gather signatures in either their yearbooks, or on the "Autographs" page of the 1st Grade Memory Book they made.  If your child purchased a yearbook and would like friends to sign it, please help your child remember his/her yearbook on Monday.

Box Tops Popsicle Party:
Thanks to YOUR efforts, our class collected over 1,000 Box Tops this year, and the kids earned a popsicle party!  We will have our popsicles on Tuesday, June 14th as a last day treat.  We will have the same exact popsicle we had when Jayson left -- Outshine Brand grape flavored 100% fruit bars.  If, for some reason, you do not want your child to have a fruit bar on Tuesday, please email me directly.  I am not sending home a permission slip for this treat.

Game Day:
Tuesday, June 14th (our last day) will be Game Day.  Students are welcome to bring a board game to school that day to play with friends.  NO electronics, please.

Our schedule will be very fluid on Monday and Tuesday, so I'm not posting Focus Areas.  We will be helping to celebrate the 5th graders as they head to Middle School and I plan to give the kids some extra recess Monday and Tuesday.  We are finishing reading Charlotte's Web and will watch the movie next week.   We are playing games in Math to review many of the concepts taught throughout the year.  We are continuing to clean and organize our classroom.

Today is my birthday!  Thank you for all the kind wishes and sweet cards!  How blessed I am to celebrate with your kiddos!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment