Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A New Addition to Our Classroom!

Hi Everyone,

Please be sure to check your child's Thursday folder tomorrow for an important letter regarding Mrs. Katherine Fulgenzi, a student teacher who will be joining our class from March 7th - April 29th.  Mrs. Fulgenzi ("full-JEN-zee") is finishing her coursework in Elementary Education at Marymount University.  She will join me as a co-teacher, co-planner, and maybe a co-parent (?).  I hope to give her a positive, welcoming environment in which she can apply the teaching knowledge and techniques she has studied over the past months.  She will teach every subject at some point during her 7 weeks, and I will be in the room the entire time to facilitate, guide, and offer feedback.  

I see Mrs. Fulgenzi's presence as a total win for the kids -- 2 teachers for 7 weeks means more kids receive guided reading instruction each day, and more kids receive individual attention each day.  It doesn't get any better than that!

Please help me in welcoming Mrs. Fulgenzi, and please let me know if you have any questions about her student teaching placement in our class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment