Friday, January 11, 2019

Weekly Update and My Big News!


Hi Everyone!

Happy Friday!  The first grade teachers have had a busy week!  We've started talking about both our 100th day of school and Valentine's Day!  I am excited to share plans for these special days in the next couple of weeks.  :)

I'm also finishing up our mid-year literacy assessments and I am so absolutely over-the-top proud of how much progress the kids are making.  Thank you for all you're doing to support their literacy growth and development!

I'm keeping my update super short this week!

In Need of Disinfecting Wipes:
Thank you to those of you who sent disinfecting wipes this past week!  This is a continuous need in our classroom; I will gratefully accept them anytime you may send them in.  :) 

Focus Areas for the Coming Week:
  • Reading:  We are continuing our "Readers Have Big Jobs" unit, in which we talk about ways readers can support their own growth, such as stopping at an unknown word and trying different strategies to solve it.
  • Writing:  We will finish editing and publishing our All About Books.
  • Math:  We will finish our money unit.  
    • Science:  We will finish talking about winter changes and adaptations people, plants, and animals make to prepare for winter.
    • Social Studies:  We will talk about the life and contributions of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

    My big news is that we are getting a puppy!  (I don't know whether to laugh or cry.)  Leo has been researching and waiting for a couple of years, and the day is finally here!  He and the boys are picking him up today.

    This is Winston, our English Bulldog:



     Wish us luck!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment