Monday, August 29, 2016

We Made It!

Hi Everyone!

We made it through our first day!  Expect your sweet littles to be tired...they took in a good amount of information today, but handled it perfectly!  Your children are a lively bunch of enthusiastic kiddos with tons of personality!  We are going to build a strong community and have great fun this year in Room 9.

Please check your child's backpack for a few important items:
  • If you did not attend Open House last Thursday, your child will have a large manila envelope containing forms from the school office and a folder from me.  Both of these items were distributed at Open House.  Please complete all forms inside both the envelope from the office and the folder from me, and send them back to school as soon as possible.  Per our school office, I must have the following forms from you:

    1. Blue "How Is My Child Getting Home?" Form
    2. Yellow "Emergency Dismissal" Form
    3. White Handbook Acknowledgement Form (this is a half-sheet of paper)
    4. Orange "Student Rights and Responsibilities" Form
    5. Orange "Technology Use Form" (this form went home today; it was not in your manila Open House packet)

  • Your child has his/her homework folder today.  Please check the front clear pocket for an explanation of how we will use this important communication tool.  I will also review this information at Back to School Night on September 15th.
  • Your child has his/her agenda today.  Please check the front clear pocket inside the cover of the agenda for an explanation of how we will use this tool.  Again, I'll review this information at Back to School Night.
Please keep plugging away on all those forms.  I know they can be a lot and I promise that as a parent of kids who attend Loudoun County Schools, I feel your pain.  :)

I'll be in touch again throughout the week.  

Thank you so much!  Please let me know if you have any questions!  

No comments:

Post a Comment